Monday, August 30, 2010

control freaks

I was Standing at Andheri Bridge wating for the Light to turn green,means signalling that i have a control on my bike that i can pass through.....I have the right to control the direction of my bike....people were walking by....there was a crowd...a real crowd in hurry to pass...hurry to move ahead in race....the race of life......I saw mother & a kid walking...Mother was holding his hand & he was just running....his pace was controlled by his mother's speed of walking...he cud only save himself from any obstacles on the road but he was not in postion to control his speed.....

A thought came into my mind.........

Control.....the habit of keeping/moving things as per your speed......Many people in life u meet are control freaks.....They love to dictate...they love to dominate...They use words like : "I will tell you" rather than "Lets discuss".....You do it like this only rather than "This can be done in other way also"...Love me rather than I love you...& so on....

People will really love when u ask them ( even if you know he/she will not respond as per your expectation).....What do you think about this subject.....I have tried but.....need your opinion......I am feeling like going to movie/coffee shop,what do u say....?.......These are very small things ...but really work....It really Means YOU ARE REALLY GIVING THEM CONTROL OF THE SITUATION....THE MORE YOU YOU THE MORE YOU WILL BE RESPECTED & ACCEPTED & PEOPLE WILL OPEN ...
UP.....

But it does mean that you do it always.....its just that opinions are often valued more than orders....

Professionaly,If you see,The personal Chracatherstics are driving the business/function......if the CEO is good,postive,has all capabilties of driving the people & processes,the business will grow...if the HOD is egoistic or say personal intrests are more important than work intrests/team intrests/business intrests....then that function slowly be a liabilty than asset....


Over a period of last one year, I have realised is that Work is all about People management ( its not as simple as the word says but yes!!)....you are not doing work yourself but getting it done from people.,....so managing various personalties.....so if we have CONTROL over this.....the chances of going ahead in life are more....since we spend more time in offices than at our home......

So,lets try not to be control freaks ....i read in my north zone office: Strengeth Respects Strength.......


cheers


vikas sachdeva