Saturday, October 22, 2011

Talking to a stranger


It’s the Saturday afternoon and I am waiting for the evening to come so as this heat stop bothering me with its ability.
While surfing the TV channels, I just recalled something, something very strange but true. I recalled an incident when while boarding bus to Bathinda on early Monday morning, 

A voice came “You also study at Giani zail singh college of engineering and technology bathinda na” …to my amazed eyes, she responded “ I am in architecture stream and you”….Mechanical was my answer ( with a proud that I will pass out in 4 yrs and you in 5 yrs as course demanded 5 yrs)

Then the bus started, with heavy head on Monday mornings because of separation from home and fear of classes immediate after reaching Bathinda!

With few minutes of silence, suddenly she started “I have observed you, you always go by this bus na”

I said “Yes” (from then I have made it a practice to say yes to everything to a girl, it helps!)

Don’t know what happened, after few normal lines, she spoke

“Mere mummy papa meri shadi ke liye soch rahe hain, par main shadi nahi karna chahati, mera abhi 3rd year hai, 2 saal ke baad I will be architect and I want to work, I have dreams but……” and then she went on sharing and I was listening with full energy…..

And few more incidents like this thought finally, sometimes it is easy to talk/confess to a stranger than family and friends because:

  1. A known Stranger doesn’t hold any expectations from you, so you go on freely.
  2. He/ She is not biased as he/she doesn’t know any background.
  3. He/she provides sense of comfort( not necessarily all, but a known stranger)
  4. When you are venting your heart out, he/she is clueless so no fear if he/she will tell anybody.
  5. You also don’t expect any solution/great response from him/her so you go in a flow.
  6. Have you ever wondered, our journey’s in trains, long hours, unknown people talking so comfortably ( Travel to Punjab sometime in train, they will tell about history & geography of their family and yes not to forget any eligible bachelor daughter for their daughter/son?)
  7. When you are full with emotions, you don’t care the repercussions of sharing.
  8. Sometime you get friend of life while sharing.( I have one friend I have never met him, he is in dubai but the bond we share awesome)
It all happens SOMETIME, so when angry try talking to known stranger! I hope you know “who known stranger is”

Vikas Sachdeva